September 1993 - John Digweed at Miss Moneypenny's in Birmingham
John Digweed live at Miss Moneypenny's in the Bonds venue, Birmingham, recorded in September 1993.
The liveset from John Digweed was present on tape 2 of a double pack. On the other tape a liveset of Lisa Loud was present which was also recorded in Miss Moneypenny's in September 1993 That liveset can also be found on this website.
The year this liveset was recorded was also the year of John Digweed's real breakthrough, when he sent a mix tape to Geoff Oakes, the founder of Renaissance Club in Mansfield, who played it to fellow DJ Alexander Coe (aka Sasha). The two DJs struck up a long-term friendship and working relationship despite Sasha twice failing to turn up for gigs that Digweed had booked him for in Hastings.
1. Duran Duran - Drowning Man (D:Ream 12" Mix) "your going down" male/sax/piano
2. Loni Clark - U (K-Klass Club Mix)
3. D:Ream - Things Can Only Get Better (Mix?)
4. U2 - Lemon (Perfecto Mix)
5. Babroo - Trak-A-Laka (Dub) [Limbo] "wo ho .." female
6. The House Of Zekkariyas - Secret Star (Sashas Mix)
7. ??? stuttery female/foreign male
8. Doop - Doop
9. Diddy - Give Me Love (Original Mix)
10. Sasha & Sam Mollison - Magic (Mix?) briefly
10. Sasha & Sam Mollison - Magic (Mix?) cont
11. Brothers In Rhythm - Forever & A Day
12. Quivver - Saxy Lady "your mine sexy lady" sax
13. Pigbag - Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag (mix?)
14. ??? JX - You Belong To Me (sample/remix?) bum ba ding
15. Terrence Parker - I Wanna Get 'Cha [Trance Fusion] "i wanna get you baby" repeated female/organ
16. MASI - Apache "on yeah, tell me baby" horns
17. Pan Position - Elephant Paw
18. Wareband feat Ted Robinson - Party Children
19. Atlantic Ocean - Waterfall
20. ??? piano
21. Alex Party - Read My Lips
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.