April 30, 1993 - Ratty live at Universe - Tribal Gathering
Ratty live at the first Universe Tribal Gathering event. It's a tape rip of a Universe tape. Side A with Carl Cox can also be found on this site.
The first Tribal Gathering festival took place in April 1993, although original promoters Paul Shurey and Ian Jenkinson had been promoting raves since 1989. Tribal Gathering came at time when the huge outdoor raves such as Perception, Vision, Raindance et al had begun to be eclipsed by club-culture. Recognising this change, but still wanting to retain and develop the festival feel, Paul and Ian pioneered the multi-arena dance event concept which, as the name Tribal Gathering name suggested, brought together different dance music cultures and styles under one festival. TG 1993, with over 25 000 in attendance, saw Danny Rampling, Pete Tong and David Morales at the same event as Laurent Garnier, Carl Cox, DJ Rap and The Prodigy. Although this maybe common place nowadays, with events such as Creamfields and Homelands, it was almost unheard of then.
- [00:00] Origin Unknown - Valley Of The Shadows [RAM Records - RAMM 004]
- [01:50] D.O.P.E. - When I Was Young (DJ Easy B & T-Bags Revisited Mix) [Rugged Vinyl Records - RUGGED 1]
- [05:02] Cool Hand Flex - Hold Back [In Touch Records - HN 9]
- [07:34] Jim Polo - Heavyweight [Dark Horse Records - DHR 002]
- [09:53] The Vice Squad - Give The Poor Man A Break [Pimp Plastic - PIMP 001]
- [12:37] Kev Bird & The Wax Doctor - Dark Matter (Kev Bird's 93 Remix) [Basement Records - BRSS 021]
- [15:46] Scott & Keith - Deranged Part II [Reinforced Records - RIVET 1241]
- [18:07] Dopeski & Jakes - Contankarous (Remix) [Wardance Records - WDR 001]
- [20:29] DJ Vibes - Obsession (Music's So Wonderful) [Asylum Music Inc - ASYLUM 001]
- [22:30] Tango - Future Followers [Formation Records - FORM 12024]
- [25:48] Essence Of Aura - Can I Dream [Outstanding Productions - EOA 002]
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.