May 25, 1997 - BBC Essential Mix with Pete Tong live from Tribal Gathering, Huton
Liveset from Pete Tong recorded at the Planet Earth area at the Tribal Gathering '97 event and broadcasted by BBC Radio 1 - Essential Mix on May 25, 1997. The last part of the broadcasted set (from track 6) is missing.
Other artist that showed up in this special Tribal Gathering edition of the Essential Mix were the Sneaker Pimps, Justin Robertson, DJ Sneak, Kraftwerk, Paul Oakenfold and Way Out West, consisting of Nick Warren and Jodie Wisternoff. Also livesets from Nick Warren, Fluke, Speedy J and Orbital recorded at this event can be found on this site. It is not clear if these were broadcasted by BBC radio 1 Essential Mix, but after the Paul Oakenfold set the presenter Annie Nightingale mentiones that Fluke and Speedy J are upcoming after Way Out West. So it is not unlikely that these were broadcasted by the BBC.
The Tribal Gathering event was immense, with over 10 arenas of entertainment consisting of over 30 live acts and 100 DJ's, comedy shows, Circus shows and cutting edge street sports. Tribal Gathering 1997 was also broadcast live over the Internet attracting 1.2 million hits from all over the globe. With large numbers of television crews, journalists and photographers from most of the world's leading publications and TV channels, Tribal Gathering won the prestigious 'Live' event of the year award for the 97 show.
- Chemical Brothers - Leave Home [Virgin]
- Leftfield - Not Forgotten
- Extended Family - Ulyssys [Auto]
- Kathy Brown - Turn Me Out
- Double 99 - RIP Groove [Satellite]
- Future Funk - Switch Lock [Plastic City]
- Automatic - Continuous Cool [Strictly Rhythm]
- Slacker - Your Face [XL]
- BT - Flaming June [Perfecto]
- Underworld - Born Slippy [Junior Boys Own]
- Club Brothers - Chill Out [Bizz]
- 3DS - Nine Ways [Crosstraz/Sound Corporation]
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.